Mr. Masciopinto has been trying complex civil and criminal cases in federal and state trial and appellate courts for the past twenty years.
Mr. Masciopinto is an Illinois “Super Lawyer,” was named one of Illinois’ Top 40 Attorneys Under the Age of 40, and received the 2009 Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service after being nominated by a federal judge.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, 1991, Order of the Coif
- Trial Advocacy Instructor – DePaul University College of Law.
- Illinois A.R.D.C. – Hearing Officer (Disciplinary Matters).
- Certified Arbitrator, Chair – Cook County Arbitration Program.
- Judicial Law Clerk, United States District Court Judge Honorable Charles P. Kocoras.
- Assistant United States Attorney (Civil and Criminal Divisions of the United States Attorneys Office, Chicago, Illinois).
- Associate Lawyer, Mayer, Brown & Platt.
- Federal Defender Program, Northern District of Illinois.
- Heileman Brewing Co. v. Joseph Oat Corp.: Expanding Rule 16’s Scope to Compel Represented Parties with Full Settlement Authority to Attend Pretrial Conferences, 39 DePaul Law Review 3.